CAMELLIA JAPONICA - info
The camellias are divided for flowering time in the 2 groups. Here are some names:
SPRING BLOOM: Camellia japonica, C. reticulata, C. rosiflora, C. tsaii.
FALL: Camellia sasanqua, C. hiemalis, C. vernalis, C. sinensis (from which leaves and buds we extract the tea), C. lutchuensis, C. transnokoensis, C. vietnamensis, C. petelotii.
- By Camellia (species sinensis) is extracted, the tea beverage through the young leaves.
Needs to acid land.
- A lot of light. No direct sun.
- Recommended temperature
- Can go below 0 °C
- Wait until the ground is dry. To make sure scrape and probe with your fingers a couple of centimetres below the surface of the ground.
- Flowering season
- February March April
- Season of Availability on the market - in Bloom with forced cultivation
- January February March April
- Given in honor of Georg Joseph Kamel (1661-1706), jesuit missionary, pharmacist and botanist, the first to import the plant from Japan.
- Read below in the DETAILS.
- Tropical areas
You might also like