NANDINA DOMESTICA - info
There until more varieties of Nandina Domestica. This you see in the photo is the most widespread.
The Nandina is a plant very robust, colourful, producing flowers, fruiting, ripening of the berries.
What can you want more?
- Height cm.
- Can reach a height of 2 metres.
- Direct sun or half shade
- Recommended temperature
- Can go below 0 °C
- Wait until the earth is dry. To check, scratch and feel with your fingers well below the surface of the soil. Immerse the plant pot in a container with water, for 1/5 of its height for 3 minutes.
- Flowering season
- Produces white flowers appear in early summer. Produces red berries that ripen in late fall and last the winter.
- It is also called "Bamboo sacred"
- South-east Asia
- Can grow practically in any type of soil, the important thing is that it is drained. Tolerates the dry. Not in need of care or pruning particular.
- In China and Japan it is cultivated for centuries. William Kerr led her to London in 1804. The scientific name is latinized from the japanese name "nanten".