AESCHYNANTHUS - info
The Aeschynanthus is a plant that comprises around 170 species, of which only some are marketed.
The Aeschynanthus is a plant "shy" that he, in fact, its name means in Greek aischyne (shame) and ànthos (flower), referring to the red colour of the flowers).
Looks very similar to the Columnea, which is endemic to South America.
- A lot of light. No direct sun.
- Recommended temperature
- Greater than 15 °C
- Keep the ground slightly moist, but not wet or soaked with water. To make sure touch with your fingers the terrain.
- Spray with water, possibly rainwater or a little of the limestone, even on a daily basis, to create a habitat more similar to that of the origin of the plant.
- From the Greek aischyne (shame) and ànthos (flower).
- South-east Asia, Indonesia, New Guinea, and the Philippines.