CALATHEA SANDERIANA - info
CALATHEA SANDERIANA = CALATHEA ORNATA SANDERIANA
The Calathea are a family quite large, about 300 species, which are cultivated for the beauty of their leaves are very colorful
They are often confused with Arrowroot, and are entered in the market as such.
- A lot of light. No direct sun.
- Recommended temperature
- Greater than 15 °C
- Wait until the ground is dry. To make sure scrape and probe with your fingers a couple of centimetres below the surface of the ground.
- Spray with water, possibly rainwater or a little of the limestone, even on a daily basis, to create a habitat more similar to that of the origin of the plant.
- From the Greek kalathos, the basket, because of the shape of the inflorescence of some species, or maybe for baskets that are constructed by the foliage of these plants by the indigenous people of South America.
- Tropical America
- The tropical forest. Environments that are warm, shady with high humidity.