NEPENTHES - info
The insects are attracted by the smell and fall inside the capsule
Here are dissolved by the secretion of pepsin by the plant, and assimilated.
- A lot of light. No direct sun.
- Recommended temperature
- Greater than 15 °C
- Keep the ground slightly moist, but not wet or soaked with water. To make sure touch with your fingers the terrain.
- Spray with water, possibly rainwater or a little of the limestone, even on a daily basis, to create a habitat more similar to that of the origin of the plant.
- From the ancient Greek "not", and pénthos "pain".
- South-east Asia, the Seychelles, Madagascar, Comoros Islands, India, Australia, the Islands of Sumatra, Java, Philippines and New Guinea.
- Humid and tropical.