CODIAEUM VAR. TAMARA - info
CODIAEUM VARIEGATUM TAMARA
CODIAEUM = CROTON
The plants of croton oil are given for their beautiful and varied foliage.
Do you think that, where it grows spontaneously, it is also used for its medicinal properties.
The bark is also indicated in infections of the intestine reducing it to dust.
The seeds are laxative and you squeeze to get the oil.
From the leaves you get infusions.
- A lot of light. No direct sun.
- Recommended temperature
- Greater than 15 °C
- Wait until the ground is dry. To make sure scrape and probe with your fingers a couple of centimetres below the surface of the ground.
- The name probably derives from the malay kodiho.
- Malaysia and the Islands of the Pacific
- Hot and humid environments, at a constant temperature, well, sunny, with watering regular and abundant in summer, but not on the leaves.